BISSELL Powerfresh Steam Mop



SHARING IS CARING ⇨



BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop, 1940. 

The BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop offers a deep clean with a fresh scent. This unique steam mop is designed to get deep down into the grout and crevices while leaving a fresh, clean scent while you steam mop. 

This fully featured steam mop has SmartSet Steam Control letting you adjust the amount of steam needed to tackle messes. For light cleaning use the low setting, everyday messes, choose medium, and for the toughest mess select high. And when you need an extra boost to cut through the dried-on sticky spot, flip down the Easy Scrubber on the mop head. It uses bristles to quickly and easily remove those stubborn messes, getting deep down in the crevices. 

The PowerFresh Steam Mop also includes Spring Breeze fragrance discs. Insert the scented disc into the pocket of the mop pad to enjoy a fresh, clean aroma while you steam mop. Simply discard the disc when you're finished, leaving your home smelling clean. 

Other features include a 23 power cord, removable water tank and 2 different mop pads; one for everyday cleaning, and one with scrubbing strips. The low-profile mop head also reaches into hard to clean edges and corners.

Give your hard floors a shiny, sanitized clean* with the variable, digital steam control. Armed with the handy, flip-down Easy Scrubber, you can thoroughly clean tough messes. Clean sticky, dried on spots 2X faster than the leading steam mop with a built-in Easy Scrubber, while experiencing whole-room freshness from the optional scent discs. Now clean, sanitized floors are a simple steam away.

I generally don't leave reviews especially if one has such high ratings and thousands of reviews. However,I felt compelled to review this one because when I was deciding to purchase or not, I didn't see my particular concern listed, which was: can or will it effectively clean our 10-year old grout? My husband always did the mopping because his strength lended itself to being more effective and faster (plus I hated mopping and the mess that came with it!). 

Unfortunately, I lost my husband unexpectedly a few months ago and realized I would now be the one mopping. I decided to once again research the steam mops. I have always been frustrated with how awful our grout looks, through 3 children now grown and two labs and 2 cats, plus a husband with forever muddy, dirty work boots. I have to say, this mop deserves its 5-stars even with a few minor concerns (see below).

First, the pros:

1. Easy to put together-takes maybe a minute including the time to grab the screwdriver to put the handle on.

2. Price is beyond reasonable, in my opinion

3. Love never having to buy cleaners again!

4. Steam is great - heats up super quick and if general cleaning can cover most of my 800 sf of flooring in the about 20 min that the tank lasts (which was a concern because it used to take a good hour with a reg mop!).

5. Changing/refilling the water if you need to is as easy as pulling it out of the handle and taking the lid off. Takes about 30 seconds to complete the process and be back to mopping.

6. Cleaned my grout!!! Granted I used the little scrubber brush on the back of the unit (which I do wish were a little longer), but I carefully pressed on it with my foot so it would "scrub" and reach down in the gap, and in two min time it went from black to nearly new clean. I expect over time it will only improve. *note- see below for warnings/concerns with regards to this aspect
7. Floors were clean and almost instantly dry even with 2-3 run overs.

8. You can let it "sit" on an area particularly hard to clean and it will also sanitize after about 15 seconds

9. It gets super hot - yes, it really does steam steam (much like a new iron does when you press the steam button)

10. No residue left on the floor.

11. Worked on hard tile as well as hardwood floors.

12. Light -easy to carry upstairs, etc. And has a decently long cord so you don't have to keep unplugging room to room.

Now, not sure these are "cons" but perhaps more of concerns/cautions to not be misleading I any comments above:

1. When using your foot to press down on the scrubber be careful! The steam can burn your toes (yes, it gets that hot - which is good!) and can also make them wet so you could slip/fall easily. It took me some practice but so far have still found it the preferred way to go - though perhaps a scrubbie by hand could work as well if you really wanted to go that route (or had kids in need of "making amends").

2. While I said above that the floors remain relatively dry even after a few swipes, I need to mention that if trying to deep clean the floors can become quite wet esp with the highest steam setting. This is in part due to the high steam level combined with the mop head getting saturated and no longer able to absorb the water or dirt. 

At this point you can either have spare mop heads or follow up with a towel or other mop to dry the door and pick up the loosened dirt (easier than actual mopping as the hard part is done!). Again this isn't a defect simply a matter of practicality and really only an issue if you become obsessed as I did once you see the dramatic difference you can achieve with this thing! Regardless it can become quite slippery and even a little "messy" so wanted to mention.

3. If you leave the steamer on a spot for too long, at least with my porcelain floor, the flooring retains that heat for some time and can burn your feet if you're not wearing shoes (just a matter of prob 5-10 min but again, yes it gets that hot!). Not a big deal, but surprised my feet when I happened to step on them - not a big deal for adults, but if you have crawling or walking toddlers maybe good to know (however on the plus, they now can literally eat off the floor without concern due to the sanitizing properties).

4. While I did use tap water, you really should (and I will be going forward) use filtered water. I just didn't have any on hand and didn't want to run out because it was Christmas Eve.

5. While it fits beside toilets and gets in small spaces, getting the grout right up next to cabinets or walls, etc will prob require some old fashioned getting on ground and using some "Goo Gone" cleaner and scrubbing. Note, it will clean up against the walls, just not easy to scrub there.